Sunday, May 24, 2009

mrrrrr

Posting has been sparse as stress has increased. I feel okay about today's game. I feel okay about maybe not having Datsyuk or maybe having him at half-power. I feel okay The Anthem and the mighty Kane & Toews. Serious anxiety relating to our next opponent is growing, however.

Chief is right. We need Dats, at close to 100%, to derail Crosby and Malkin. It's not that I'm that scared about the Pens, it's just... okay, okay, need to stop thinking about next round. That's a jinx waiting to happen. This round.

Khabibulin, Huet, doesn't matter. Neither is superhero. All we need them to be is less-than-perfect. The penalty shitstorm was an idiosyncracy, the Kronwall call patently ridiculous. I'm not going to say Kronner hasn't thrown a borderline illegal hit or two in his career, but that was so not even close to one, as Babcock said, it's not even funny.

If anything this plays to the Wings advantage today. If Chicago wants "retribution", again Babcock put it best: we'd love to have a powerplay. The Wings' O is rolling. I don't know if Holmstrom has a point yet or not this series but his work in front of the net has won the Wings a couple of huge goals. When is the league going to start keeping track of screens? You get one for screening the goalie on a goal. Sounds like a legit stat to me. I mean, they track takeaways.

Not sure what else to say. The stress make me no talk good. make words go bad bad. tongue turn glue. expressions become... infelicitous.

go wings.