Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sweet Jesus.

Kenny, I'm sweating over here. Stuart, Antropov? Both still available. Fletcher's gotta be sweating - if he doesn't make a deal the media will eat him alive.

Come ooooon. Dan Cleary was the Wings' most intense player in the playoffs last year. You can't know how he's going to recover from the jaw. The Wings need a Top 6 guy to offset that - not someone of a Cleary mold necessarily, but a physical guy who can score. Prospal only went for that? I would have taken Prospal.

I don't know how LA and TO could not make a move. They have to be sitting on the trigger, making everyone sweat. Including me. I am sweating folks. Dallas, SanJose, Anaheim with their late-comers, they've all put themselves in the Wings' league. None is clearly better, and my money's on Hasek, the Twins, and Babcock in a head to head matchup.

But I'd so much rather not go head-to-head. I'd love to go foot to head and curbstomp the competition the way we did mid-season. Because you never know when a dependable Swede's gonna fail to clear and a fluke goal decides it all.

I still don't want Hossa though. Recchi, Antropov, Stuart, hell, I'll take Satan. Hossa would just make things too easy guys.